- 02 Feb
GFS Gravity Feed System
The GFS consists of a holding tank mounted on top of a silver recovery canister.
The holding tank regulates the flow of silver bearing chemistry into the silver recovery canister to efficiently remove silver from photographic effluent.
Installation: See photo above.
1. Thread one of the elbows into the bottom of the GFR-2, pointing down.
2. Thread one of the elbows into the inlet SW-2 cartridge, pointing up.
3. Thread one of the elbows into the outlet of the SW-2, pointing down, no drain hose is provided since the GFS is designed to be installed in a sink.
4. Stack the GFR-2 on top of the SW-2 with the elbows aligned.
5. Connect the GFR-2 and SW-2 with the ½” id tubing, use the plastic clamps to secure them.
6. Store the plugs and extra elbow in a safe place, the plugs will be needed to return the canister for refining.
7. Fill the GFR-2 with tap water, let the water fill the canister overnight before adding any photo effluent.
Suggestion: Maintain a log
About the Author
ARS Services is an established, nationwide service organization with 15 years experience in providing reliable and quality service to the photo industry.